Monthly Task Schedule -Can i use JIRA boards

Saad June 13, 2019

Hi 

Our team have regular tasks that need to be carried out every month with set deadlines. 

the deadlines are dependent on business days. E.g. Task A is due on T+4 Business Days every month.

Can we use JIRA to effectively handle rolling deadlines for such recurring tasks.

How can i use a board to do this effecitvely?

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2019

Hi @Saad ,

In OOTB Jire there is not much you can do to set up and recurring task and add a dynamic deadline date that is based on business days. Not sure how boards can be used here also.. You would need to somehow connect this with status..

From what I know the Scheduler plugin should be able to fit 100% with you requirements where you can set dynamic due dates when setting up a recurring task every month

https://psc-software.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SCHED/pages/2528765/Setting+a+Due+Date+Field+5.x

There are also other plugins that can automate things (like Jira Automation Plugin) but this is something that you need to explore and check if it is good for your process.

Suggest an answer