List of issues from a specific board with a specific status

amiru.randil June 17, 2022

Hi 
I am I'm a bit new to JIRA and I want to get a list of all the Issues in a specific JIRA board with a specific status( To do, In Progress, or both) using an API
I've tried some of the APIs and found one to get the issues but I haven't been able to get issues with a specific status.

https://<domain-name>.atlassian.net/rest/agile/1.0/board/<board-id>/issue?jql=ORDER%20BY%20Created&maxResults=100&name=To Do

Does anyone know how I can get issues with a specific status?

Thanks in advance✌

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Masters June 17, 2022

The easiest way is to build your query first in JQL using the web UI then switch to using REST once the query is good.  Go to the "Filters" bar at the top and click "Advanced issue search" (last option on the drop down).  To make it even easier, you can click "Switch to basic" on the right of the search bar, which will then let you construct a filter by project/status/etc.  When it's looking ok then click the "Switch to JQL" (right of search again) and you'll see the query.  

Quick JQL primer:-

You can either filter on a field by using =, != (not equals), etc or you can select a list of states you care about by saying something like "status in (To do, Ready for Dev)" or "type not in (Epic, Sub-task)".  You can use AND and OR.  There's also useful things like openSprints() so you can say something like:

type not in (epic, bug) AND sprint in openSprints() order by created DESC

(so we're interested in anything that isn't a bug or epic, that is in an active sprint, and then we order the response by the created date in descending order).

Suggest an answer