Keyboard shortcuts j,k,z don't work in next gen

anastasia.profirovic November 19, 2019

I have a next gen project, kanban board. I have many epics created and I need to go through a list of these and update various fields in the epic. I'm trying to use the j and k shortcuts but they don't do anything. I've tried these shortcuts in a dashboard i created and in the roadmap view. How do I get them to work? 

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2019

Hello @anastasia.profirovic ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community.  With Next-gen projects the previously used classic project type keyboard shortcut navigation options are not currently avaliable due to the differences in how the issues are displayed using a popup dialogue modal rather than the previously used in window details pane for issue details.  Due to the shift to the modal popup the set focus is shifted away from the parent page into the popup modal to edit the issue,  where the previous layout remains with focus on the source issue selected allowing the navigation options.

We have the following feature request to take feedback and track interest on this capability of the system, and if you have the time to do so could you please add some feedback for our development teams on how this function is affecting your workflow currently and what you would like to see in the outcome of the navigation options for future iterations as covered in the "Implementation of New Features Policy" :

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer