Jira Permission Issue

Paul Shinn February 3, 2023

I'm running into an issue right now, my goal is to give all users in my organization access to view issues on a few specific projects. I believed to accomplish this, I need to give permissions to a group containing all of our users to the Browse Project permissions for these boards.

After updating the permissions for these projects, all users are able to see issues when the URL ends in "/browse/EAS-1". However, when the URL is formatted to end with "projects/EAS/queues/custom/113/EAS-1" some users are now unable to have permission to view this same issue. I am curious of how I can fix this?  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2023

Hi @Paul Shinn,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Based on the second URL it leads me to think that you are using Jira Service Management, is that correct? Users that do not have a JSM license assigned to them, and only have a Jira license, are not allowed to access the queue view, so you would either have to assign them a JSM license or give them the issue link that you can get if you hover next to the summary:

Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 10.43.59 AM.png 

Suggest an answer