Jira Mobile App - Multi-factor Authentication

Samuel Gabor March 14, 2018
Hi all,
I want to use a Jira Mobile App and I am interested in a Multi-factor authentication. Does anyone have experience with it?

Does anyone know a Jira Mobile App that supports this?

I am grateful for any help or advice.

Thank you in advance

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2018

Are you on Server or Cloud?

I believe that the upcoming (unreleased) Jira server app will support saml/mfa.

Basing my belief on the notes regarding the upcoming (beta) confluence server app:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-server-mobile-app-beta-939925483.html?_ga=2.93266591.380443179.1520865256-1086845724.1518622147

Samuel Gabor March 18, 2018

@josh I am on Server. Thank you for the information.

1 vote
Jonathan August 21, 2019

well - the final release doesn't seem to honor two factor authentication. At least not the plugin we're using (Secure Login 2FA). This poses an actual security issue because with the app you can now circumvent 2 factor authentication completely.

0 votes
Sverre Moe October 5, 2021

We have 2FA from the plugin "mO Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for JIRA". There is no 2FA enforcement for the JIRA Mobile App for JIRA Server.

0 votes
Knut Arne Ristebråten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2018

I use the Jira Mobile App for Cloud, with Multi-factor authentication on a Atlassian account. It works fine there - no issues.

Though I do not know how it handles on the Server version, nor on the saml/ad side.

Samuel Gabor March 18, 2018

@Knut Arne RistebråtenThank you for your answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events