Jira Core and BigPicture

andrea February 11, 2020

1. Does anybody know any well-written article, guidelines or tutorial about Big Picture? I'm having troubles understanding some things in it.

2. If I start a task in Big Picture, it will not be shown in the section projects on Jira. Why is that?

3. What is the difference between Scope, Board and Roadmap? Of course, if there is a comprehensive guide on the Big Picture, please share it here.

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Patryk-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2020

Hi Andrea,

I'm glad that you ask about that. We have our Wiki and I personally recommend starting from this page.

I also would like to invite you to one of the open webinars that take place every Wednesday at 6 PM CET (and every Friday at 1 PM CET). The webinars include a 1h product demo followed by a 30-minute Q&A session. You can join a webinar using one of the links available on this page (no registration required).
On the same page, you will find the video recording of a webinar. You can watch it and, if necessary, join just the Q&A session.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I understand your second question properly. A program in BigPicture is based on a JIRA project. You can either use an existing project or create a new JIRA project during BigPicture program creation (not available on JIRA Cloud).

Answering your second question, on our Wiki you cand find every module nicely explained.

Here are direct links to the modules that you are interested in:

I hope you find it useful as I did :)

Cheers,

Patryk

andrea February 14, 2020

Hi,

I am watching it at the moment :)

I have a question - how do I create a board? I don't have anything when filling the part ''scope''.

Best,

Andrea

Patryk-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2020

Andrea,

Do you mean the 'Scope data' in Program Wizard?

Patryk

andrea February 18, 2020

Yes!

Patryk-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2020

Andrea,

This is a Jira Board and you can find a guide right here on the Atlassian Documentation.

Jira Board is not necessary for creating a program in BigPicture. You can build your program based on one of the following:

• Jira Project
  • Filter
  • Jira Board

or if you don't want to use an existing program you can create a brand new Jira project along with your BigPicture program (on the server only).

You can find more about creating a new program in this article.

I hope that you find it useful.

Cheers,

Patryk

Emily Bibby November 6, 2023

How do i add an existing Jira project into BigPicture? I don't have permissions to access the AppFire page.

0 votes
r_unytry March 28, 2021

Our Engineers have resolved the issue impacting Droplet metadata and metrics graphs, and all services appear to be functioning normally at this time. Thanks again for your patience throughout this process. If you should notice any further issues with metadata or Droplet graphs, then please open a ticket with our Support team.Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 2.28.28 PM.png

0 votes
andrea February 14, 2020

Thank you so much! :)

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 30, 2021

Hi @andrea

If any further questions regarding BigPicture will come up, simply let me know :)

Suggest an answer