Jira-Core Server 7.7 Only Seeing 3 Project Templates - Where are the other 5 Business Templates?

Michael Morcillas January 22, 2018

I just deployed Jira-Core Server 7.7 but don't see the 5 Business project templates or a way to enable them. 

I only have Project Management, Task Management and Process Management visible.

Content Management, Recruitment, Document Approval, Lead Tracking and Procurement are all missing.

I thought I would see this as mentioned here- https://www.atlassian.com/blog/hr-teams/jira-admins-5-new-business-templates-to-make-onboarding-easier

I was under the impression this was part of the Jira-Core offering. 

Any way to make these available?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2018

Hi Michael,

From reviewing that blog post, it looks like this blog post was created specifically for our Jira Cloud offerings and not currently for our Jira Server offerings. 

To help you get your business teams started faster, we’ve built 5 new business project templates that are included in every Jira cloud instance.

Unfortunately it does not appear that these specific new project templates have made their way into the Jira Server line platform just yet.   It is possible that these might be included in Jira core Server at some point in the future, but at the moment I can't seem to find any clear data on if or when that might happen.

Tennille Noach May 23, 2018

Do you know if there is any update on this - whether all the wonderful looking templates that are mentioned in that blog post will actually be made available in JIRA Core Server?  We don't want to miss out, and we have a need to utilise a couple the specific templates mentioned such as Recruitment and Procurement.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2018

Sorry all, I should have included this existing feature request in my last reply: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-65464

This is a feature request to bring those same project templates in Jira Cloud into the Jira Core Server product as well.   I would recommend watching and voting on that issue if you want to see this in Jira Server.   Should these project templates be included in a future release of Jira server, I would expect this ticket to be updated to reflect that.

Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2018

Having the built in flexibility for companies using JIRA to use JIRA in other ways is, in my opinion, an absolute necessity.

It is very disappointing that a very basic feature such as a project template even needs to be requested when it's already offered in basically the same product.

It can't be that difficult to add the template files to the server update versions.

We shouldn't have to vote for this "feature." You already offer it. Actually offer it to all of your customers.

I've been a very loyal Atlassian supporter for a number of years but this completely baffles me. Now I have to wonder, what will you withhold for no reason next?

kevinkre December 17, 2020

I understand you need to milk money from the cloud, but you have to be clear about difference in features between cloud and server. This has cost lots of time and I'm looking at Jira alternatives. The surprising thing is the expert doesn't really know and cant' give any definite answers. Maybe the issue is solved? Who knows, I don't think they use issue tracking for these posts. How ironic. And with no resolution posted here I'm still searching to see if this has been resolved.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events