Importing issue data from microsoft sharepoint to JIRA

Suhail Ahmed February 27, 2018

Hi,

We are planning move from Microsoft Sharepoint to JIRA as issue tracking system. As apart of which , we need to migrate all historical data from Sharepoint to JIRA. each issue in Sharepoint contain 30 plus comments and 8 plus attachments. with reference to this scenario i need clarity on below concerns

1. As a normal user with access to only "import issues from CSV" , can i import attachments as well as comments (Note : i dont have admin access)

2. Is there any recommended practices for such migration

Thanks 

Sal 

2 answers

0 votes
Sid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2018

@Vasiliy Zverev, we are also looking to do the Sharepoint to Jira migration. Can you please provide more details on how you used script runner plugin to import. I am able to import all the data - mainly looking to map the attachments which is not that handy.

thanks

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

There no build-in tool for import into ScriptRunner.

We create new script for each case. Base idea - create task/subtask for each element for other system. 

Usually cases with less that 100 issues we import by manual creation.

So, you have to write some code.

Best regards, 

Vasiliy

Dawid March 25, 2021

@Vasiliy Zverev could you share the script to be modified and re used by others?

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2018

We tried several times to use import from CSV with no succes. 

Instead we create custom groovy script for bulk issue creation. 

Data we usually prepare into excel. There are some difficalties to map jira users to persons from external source.

Then run script via Script console provided ScriptRunner plugin.

Retesh Patel April 18, 2018

We are also moving from SharePoint to JIRA clouds and need someone's advise on migrating all tasks/tickets with attachments into JIRA.

We tried CSV with attachment column but its throwing exception not sure if thats due to not having secure protocols  ( https ). 

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events