How to restrict users from making back date entries?

sakthivel-systech September 16, 2019

I need to restrict user's from making back dated entries. Kindly provide solution for the same

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2019

You can use my add-on, WorklogPRO. It has ability to disable backward or future worklogs. If you need finer control, you can also use its Worklog Verification Script feature.

timesheet-backward-worklog-restriction.png

sakthivel-systech September 18, 2019

Thanks for your swift response!

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

Hi @sakthivel-systech 

Can you provide more details please? What kind of fields do you want to restrict ?

sakthivel-systech September 18, 2019

Hi @Mohamed Benziane - Option to log work for the previous day needs to be restricted, as I want my team to make entries on day to day basis.

I'm unable to set any kinda restriction for accessing previous date. Kindly let me know if any permission settings has to be changes within JIRA for the same.

Prakash Gajghate February 28, 2022

Hi team,

I was checking if you have an answer for this query. How can we stop users to log past dated work. Any assistance is well appreciated.

Suggest an answer