How to install Jira Software Server 10 Users: Starter License

Neba Bernard January 29, 2020

I had Jira Software Server trial license and later purchased Jira Software Server 10 Users: Starter License, but have been unable to install this product. Each time I try to download and install it from My Atlassian page, I am taken instead to the free trial download page. Why propose me a free trial when I have already purchased the product? Can anyone help with the installation procedure without having to download the free trial?

2 answers

0 votes
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2020

Hi @Neba Bernard 

Welcome to the community!

If you already have a Jira instance, there is no need to install another instance. 

You can just update the license from the versions & licenses page 

If you have installed a new instance and it is bringing you to the free trial download page, close that page and come back to your Jira instance ( default URL localhost:8080 ) and apply the license manually. 

Do keep us updated on how it goes. 

Regards,
Adrian Stephen

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2020

Hi @Neba Bernard,

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

The free trial download is the same installer as the one you can download from the release notes. Once you have done the install and start up Jira you will be asked to enter your license. If you have not already, you can get your license key by going to my.atlassian.com 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events