How to get many customs fields with same list-values ?

Boris Demain March 28, 2019

Hi,

i would share the same list-value for many custom fields.
Indeed, i will have a lot of projets and each project must have its list. Many custum fields are going to share the same list. In the aim to maintain only one liste for each project i need to find a solution.

Can some one help me ?

regards

1 answer

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2019
While the list of values were the same, you may use the field in multiple pojects.

If the list of options changes for some projects, configure a different context for each one, using just one custom field, instead of multiple fields, whenever possible.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0713/configuring-a-custom-field-964983512.html
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2019

Besides that, there's a method for generating custom field values through a csv import:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-bulk-import-custom-field-values-for-certain-types-of-custom-field-827123935.html

Boris Demain March 29, 2019

Thanks to your answer, but it's not my question. Surely I was not clear enough.

I have 3 custom field which share the same list.

Project A :
"See in cycle" -> Value 1A, Value 2A, Value 3A,
"Want in cycle" -> Value 1A, Value 2A, Value 3A,
"Correct in cycle" -> Value 1A, Value 2A, Value 3A,

Project B :

"See in cycle" -> Value 1B, Value 2B
"Want in cycle" -> Value 1B, Value 2B
"Correct in cycle" -> Value 1B, Value 2

It's like système field "Version" (in french, maybe "Release" in english), but i need this custom field, and I'm loocking for a way to maintain only one list by project.

I Hope to be clearer

Suggest an answer