How to get current login user in JIRA by Script Runner?

Hisamitsu Koga August 17, 2016

I want to get current login user in JIRA by Script Runner. Please provide me with the exact code

to get current log in user in JIRA.

1 answer

8 votes
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2016

You can use this:

ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()

Keep in mind that depending on the context, this method may return null - when a background job performs an operation, there will be no logged-in user.

If current login user is "xxx-yyy", then I want to return true, otherwise return false.

is the following code correct or not?

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()

if (currentUser == "xxx-yyy" ) {

return true

} else {

return false

}

Like Chan Leo likes this
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2016

You need to compare with the user name:

return currentUser.name == "xxx-yyy"
Like Dave Liao likes this

I see. Thank you!

Markus Pöhler April 29, 2019

@Petar Petrov _Appfire_ what is the correct value for the comparison of the userName? I always get FALSE although I use the current logged in users Username with your sample code.... 

How to debug anything here? 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

@Markus Pöhler - did you ever figure this out?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events