How to filter Epics in Epics Panel

Terri L Cooke March 12, 2019

I'm working in the backlog on my scrum board to prep upcoming sprints.  I want to make sure that my stories are attached to the appropriate epic.  My problem (frustration!) is that I'm unable to sort/filter all the epics in the epics panel.  I would simply love for them to be listed in alphabetical order.  Is there a way to do this?  I'm not a coder so if there is a JQL query that exists or is easy to create, would you please share with me? Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2019

Hi,

If you just need JQL it could be type = Epic ORDER BY summary.

Terri L Cooke March 13, 2019

Hi Aleksandr. Your code helped to sort my epics in the epics panel but there is nothing appearing in the backlog. Is it possible to have both - epics sorted alphabetically in the epics panel and all my issues appearing in the backlog as well?

Epic panel but no backlog2.png

Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2019

Hi @Terri L Cooke,

What was your original JQL?

By the way remove type = Epic clause, try to return your original JQL and just make ordering clause like ORDER BY Rank ASC, "Epic Name" ASC

Terri L Cooke March 15, 2019

Thanks so much for the help, Aleksandr!

Like lewoja likes this
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2019

You're welcome!

So what's your final JQL?

3 votes
Jay Rosenthal January 12, 2020

Is there a way to sort Epics and non-Epics separately. Something like this

if project = MYKEY and type = Epic ORDER BY cf[10036]

else project = MYKEY order by rank

I can't seem to figure out a way to have a different condition.  My goal is for this:

• WHEN in backlog view
  • EPICS PANEL should sort alphabetically
  • STORIES IN BACKLOG should sort by rank

Suggest an answer