How to create a sprint for multiple boards at once?

Sally Samek August 22, 2019

Hi Jira-Community!

how can I create a new sprint for more than just one board? As of now I am going into every board in my project and create a new sprint. The issue with this approach is that if I am looking for stories in the new sprint I have created, there are coming up all of the separate created sprints. However I just need to have only one new sprint for more than one board.

Any solution?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2019

Hello Sally,

Sprints are not restricted to boards or projects, so in order to display a sprint in your current board, you just need to add one of the issues returned by that board filter with the Sprint. Let me give you an example:

- You have a board called abc with the following filter under board settings:

project =abc order by RANK

- You have a Sprint (Sprint 1) configured in a board called def with a different filter:

project = def order by RANK

In order to display Sprint 1 in the abc board, you just need to navigate to any issue of the abc project and add it to the Sprint 1.

Once you do it, the Sprint will start displaying in that board with the issue you added.

P.S: The Sprint 1 will display only the issues that are returned by the board filter. if you want it to display the issues from all the projects/boards you want, add the following to your board filter:

project =abc and sprint = "Sprint 1" order by RANK

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events