How put custom text field inside description panel

cendre November 17, 2020

Hello

I want to put the custom text field from the detail panel into the description panel, below the description field. Not in the description field, I want 2 separate field

I'm on Jira 8.5.7 server

2020-11-17_12h56_40.png

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020

Hi @cendre  - You can do that with an Automation For Jira rule. You should even be able to do it with the Free Lite version. But you will need to get that add-on. 

cendre November 17, 2020

Hello John

Their is no option to do that without any plugin ?

Do you mean this plugin ? https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215460/automation-for-jira-server?hosting=server&tab=support

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020
cendre November 17, 2020

Thank for your answer John

I already have this plugin, but I can't modify the layout of the issue viewing with this one.

I can c/p the text, but I want a new block below the description block

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2020

Sorry, I misunderstood. You should be able to change the order of fields by editing the screen. Go to Settings > Issues > Screens

Search for the screen you want to change, and click Configure. 

cendre November 18, 2020

Hello

Thank again for your answer

With this method, I only can change the order into the "edit view". And it's work

2020-11-18_11h04_23.png

But in view issue, the custom field "besoin fonctionnel" is in the "details" panel, and not in the "description" panel2020-11-18_11h05_21.png 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2020

Can you share a screenshot of the settings page where  you have dragged it below the Description field? Something like:

screenshot.png

cendre November 18, 2020

Hello

Please find the request screen

2020-11-18_15h09_30.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2020

That's really weird. Since the Old Jira Issue View is going away, you might want to concentrate on making the change in the New Jira Issue View. 

cendre November 23, 2020

Hello John

I don't think I have migrate on the new Jira Issue View. I'm still on Jira server, migration on cloud is for 2022

Can I activate new Jira Issue View on server instance ? If yes, how can I do that ?

Thank a lot

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2020

Ah sorry about that. I don’t think the new Jira issue view is coming to Server version.

You should open a Support Ticket with Atlassian.

Like cendre likes this

Suggest an answer