How do I remove the JIRA Core trial license alert from the web console?

Rizwan Bashir January 4, 2017

We used a trial license for JIRA Core. It has expired. How do we remove the red alert bar from the web console?

5 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2017

Ah, ok.

You are using Core - JIRA Software and Service Desk run as applications on top of it.  But, your licences for them entitle your users to use Core automatically, so you don't need to think about it.

To remove the trial licence, blank it out.

Sahasra January 30, 2020

How do i blank it out ? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2020

Click the pencil icon, click the licence box, delete the text, save.  Watch all the functions disappear.

1 vote
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2017

By putting commercial license smile.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2017

Yep, just paste your new commercial licence key over the old trial in Admin -> Licence

0 votes
charlieevatt May 10, 2018

Thanks Rizwan this helped me. Atlassian - please could you make it more obvious that an expired Core trial would have this impact, as we had a period of unavailability of JIRA... And we love it!

0 votes

Thanks. It also had a checkbox to remove the configuration. Once this was completed, everything was back to normal.

Sahasra January 30, 2020

Can you point me to the checkbox to remove the configuration. We are also using the JIRA core with license type Evaluation and I getting the expired alert message and not letting to create any new issues. 

0 votes

We don't use JIRA Core. We are using JIRA Software and Service Desk. We were just testing.

Suggest an answer