How do I mark something as NOT a duplicate

Michael Keilhofer April 12, 2019

I have a Jira report that was marked as a duplicate. But I can't find a way to remove that status.

3 answers

0 votes
Michael Keilhofer April 22, 2019

That's my problem. I don't know who set this up. I can't find it as a custom field, it's not in the workflow, and it's not an issue type. the only place I find it is on resolutions and I can't find a way to get it back to no resolution.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2019

How are you "marking an issue as a duplicate"?

Bear in mind that it is something your admins will have configured, Jira has one suggested way to do it, but a lot of people do it differently (better), and we need to know what you are doing before we can help you!

Michael Keilhofer April 15, 2019

I am the administrator. Someone marked it as resolved/test with a status of duplicate. But even if it's moved to re-opened, the duplicate status never goes away.

Michael Keilhofer April 22, 2019

Does nobody have an answer to this? Is it actually true that once you mark something as a duplicate, you can never undo it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2019

We don't know, as we don't know how you have "marked it as resolved/test", what the "status of duplicate" is (is it a workflow status? Or a field?), or what your process is?

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2019

Hello,

What is the report? Could provide a screenshot?

Michael Keilhofer April 12, 2019

Take any Jira issue and mark it as a duplicate. then you cannot change it back to not being a duplicate.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events