How do I change the security on a comment in the "new issue view"

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2019

How do I change the security on a comment in the "new issue view"?  In the view that works better (what Atlassian calls the "old view" where customers have more control over the issue display), I can control who sees the comments.  How do I do that now?

2 answers

1 vote
Ulka
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2019

There is an open BUG for this:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69821

The Development team is looking into this. Please vote it and make sure you watch this

1 vote
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2019

Hi @Lee Correll,

That is not possible at the moment, see Comment restriction is missing from the new issue detail view:

We have planned to start work on this feature, Restricted comments, in the next few months (...)

In the meantime, you can opt out of this new issue experience via your Personal Settings > Jira Labs section will have a 'new issue view' toggle to turn it on or off. We will not be disabling this opt-out option until we have rebuilt all the key features of the Jira issues experience you have come to know and love.

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events