How can we re-order fields in the new issue view?

James Redman August 15, 2018

The new issue view https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/How-to-change-blocks-order-in-view-issue-page-layout/qaq-p/532426 is great but how do we re-order the fields?  

It's making all of our meetings longer having to scroll down every time to access the time management and assignee as they used to be at the top where we wanted them

3 answers

1 vote
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2018

Hi James,

Unfortunately the order can't be changed right now. Here's the official statement from our documentation about the new Issue View:

To choose which custom fields appear in the new issue view, head to Project settings > Screens, expand the appropriate screen scheme, select the View issue screen to configure it. Field order isn't configurable in the new issue view just yet, but we're working on it.

There is an open feature request for this if you'd like to watch/vote on it. Votes do help our Product Managers figure out the impact of feature changes!

Cheers,
Daniel

Raj Noone January 26, 2019

Hi Daniel ,

Has this been resolved yet.

Thanks 

Rajender

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2019

Hi @Raj Noone,

The issue tracking this request on jira.atlassian.com is still open as of this post. Voting on the issue in Jira does help inform its priority with our development teams, and watching it will keep you in the loop when it is addressed. Jira will send you an email with any updates to the ticket if you watch it.

Cheers,
Daniel

Like Clement likes this
0 votes
Rick Brown August 11, 2023

This problem is over half a decade old and it's such a seemingly simple issue that bothers probably a lot of people.

On a standard monitor at 100% zoom, if I have a drop-down with a large list, and it is near the bottom of the Create issue screen, I have to operate within a tiny 3-line view to pick what I want, and the bottom-most one is actually offscreen.

Lots of ways to alleviate this difficulty, but if you simply had the drop-down that is near bottom of the webpage open upward, that'd fix this. Or you could just let us alter layout of fields.

Honestly, and I mean this with no ill will, doesn't it seem like this is a problem you should have fixed a long time ago? It's so solvable and I find well-coded websites do what I suggest above.

0 votes
Kodago India July 15, 2023

I am still nnot able to reorder fields on new issue generation and this thread is still open even after elapsing long period.

is it fixed now? please confirm.

Rick Brown August 11, 2023

It certainly is not. It likely creates friction of hundreds of thousands of people, and could be fixed with a couple lines of code. Disappointing.

Dave Kuipers October 27, 2023

I could not agree more.  It is very frustrating that you can not control the order of the fields in the Create Issue screen.  Having to scroll down to find a key field that needs to be set is a pain and should have been fixed long ago and it does cause a large challenge when you are trying to show your team the how easy it is to use JIRA.  If I am mistaken and it has been fixed, please feel free to correct me!

Like Luka Basic likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events