How can I limit notifications to only comments?

Simon Featherstone October 4, 2019

I am watching a large number of issues that I receive notifications for. I am not at all interested when a developer adds a work log so I would like to be able to turn that off but still receive a notification when a comment is made on the issue.

Is there a way to filter the type of update to the issue that I am sent a notification?

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2019

Hi @Simon Featherstone 

If you are a Jira Administrator, you can configure your notification scheme to configure which events will send notifications. 

If you cant configure that, you option is to configure filter on your email

Best regards, 

Pedro 

0 votes
Answer accepted
BenP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2019

Probably easiest to use an email automation rule that processes your incoming messages & skips the inbox for unwanted messages based on a predictable format. Most decent email systems will provide this. 

0 votes
Axel Sossdorf November 16, 2023

It is really impressive how the Jira community is willing to apply workarounds due to the inflexibility of the system and the blocking attitude of Atlassian.
Keep the million unwanted emails sending and filter them in email client - LOL

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events