How can I create a quickfilter to remove from the board view all issues relating to a specific epic

Maciej Hrankowski August 21, 2019

Hi,

On my board, I am using swimlanes and various quick filters - I have a necessity to create a quickfilter which would remove from the sprint board all isses under a specific epic.

All other issues, bugs, stories etc, are to be left as they are, I only want to hide specific issues under a specific epic which is of lower priority.

Can it be done in JIRA at the moment?

I think I went through all blogs and community questions/answers I could find, and I don't think I have found the answer.

Thanks, 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Roman Kersky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2019

HI. Try this JQL:       "Epic Link" != ABC-123

Maciej Hrankowski August 21, 2019

Thanks.
Is there a way to hide these issues, based on the epic itself, rather than having to add to filter issue one by one?

Details: My epic is called 'Maintenance' with 3 issues assgned to the epic in a given sprint; these tasks are of lower priority and I would like to show the to the team once a week, on all other dailys I would like to hide them via quick filter - ideally based on the epic.

Thanks

Roman Kersky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2019

you need to create a new quick filter : 

key !=  ABC-123 and ("Epic Link" !=  ABC-123 OR "Epic Link" is EMPTY)

and change the ABC-123 to the Epic key

Maciej Hrankowski August 22, 2019

Works like a dream! Thanks a lot

Suggest an answer