How can I create Jira tickets directly from a Slack conversation?

Umer Ehsan January 29, 2019

I know there are third party apps that do this, but what is your favoured/recommended way for me to create Jira tickets directly from Slack? 

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2019

Hello Umer,

Atlassian Has a Beta version of a Slack Integration Plugin out currently Details Here, This version is a Free add-on, but since its a beta its still lacking some features and it is  unsupported at the moment, in its current iteration it can only read from jira for notifications in slack about changes in Jira, but create issues in slack is on the horizon and may be a viable solution in the future just not yet.

Currently available and supported add-on's that can create issues in jira that I am aware of are the following each with a slightly different way of creating issues from Slack:

I am sure there are more options as well that have a create issue integration, and I would recommend checking the ones listed above as well as checking out other Slack integration add-ons in the marketplace, a quick search list can be found here:

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events