How I can identifiy the issue created from Microsoft Teams?

Veronica Gambetti September 21, 2021

In our organization, we use the apps to integrate Jira with Microsoft Teams.

We need to identify with some automatically attribute the issues created from Microsoft Teams. How we can do it? 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2021

Hi @Veronica Gambetti -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

When you create a Jira issue from MS Teams, and then look at that issue's history, which user does it indicate created the issue?  I wonder if there is a specific user you could check to learn this information.

Kind regards,
Bill

Hi Bill,

thanks for your answer, I saw it report the same user as to when you create it directly from Jira.

But I hope someone suggests some interesting trick.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2021

Thanks, Veronica...and, I find that curious.  Time for a bit of research about what Jira user information Teams has access to.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2021

Hi Veronica,

That’s actually an interesting question and one I think I will play with on my end because I do use Teams. However I did find this previous post regarding Slack and I wonder if it might apply here? Maybe not but thought I would share nonetheless - Recognizing-an-issue-created-from-Slack-Jira-Create 

hopefully another Community member with direct Teams experience can chime in here or my investigation will turn up something.

Hi Jack,

thanks for your reply, I was checking in the system but at the moment I hadn't found a solution.

Thanks for your suggestion on Slack, I will read it!

Suggest an answer