Filter action by user

Peter Fahlstrom October 5, 2021

Hi all, hope i can find a solution to:

I want to create a filter where the project = X where the issues are set to Done a certain date by the user Y…how do I proceed? Is this possible?

Thanks!

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2021

Hi @Peter Fahlstrom 

Try something like this:

status CHANGED TO "Done" DURING(startOfMonth(-1), now()) BY username

Of course make the necessary changes to the above JQL to fit your needs. Please read also this documentation

Thanks Alex, for some strange reason the JQL does not recognize the username despite the fact it is correct...

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2021

What message do you get?

The user 'X' does not exist and cannot be used in the 'by' predicate.

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

Pete, I confirm that BY and username doesn't work. However, it works by placing the user id. To find the user id, go back to basic search, and select as e.g. assignee that user. Once you've done this, go back to jql. Now you will get something like

assignee in (5f9fb7c1c2e5390077abf628)

Copy this id to the above statement. Final JQL should look like this:

status CHANGED TO "Done" DURING(startOfMonth(-1), now()) BY 5f9fb7c1c2e5390077abf628

This worked well Alex, thanks!

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

Nice! :D

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

Hi,

You can try this:

status changed TO "Done" by USERNAME DURING (YOURDATE1, YOURDATE2)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/advanced-searching-939938733.html

0 votes

Thanks for your input Mohamed, i like the idea of a data range in your query, will be useful!

Suggest an answer