Fewer users returned on subsequent AD sync?

Aaron Giuoco December 12, 2018

I am configuring a Jira Core instance to sync user accounts with an internal AD server.  The initial sync goes well.  It pulls in the 180 accounts I expect.  But on subsequent syncs, it only syncs 29 accounts.

I've already tried to remove the sync profile and create a new one.  Both act the same.  The initial sync is fine, but any sync after that removes most of the AD accounts.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2018

Hi

Can you check if you are doing a full directory sync or an incremental sync?

Also, which users were synced the second time and how do they differ from those who were not synced?

Hi Ismael,

I have disabled incremental sync.  A few manual syncs appear to work OK.  Once a regularly scheduled sync happens, I'll report back.

As far as I can tell, all of the accounts are similar.  And there are no special LDAP filters being applied to the sync profile.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2018

Okay let’s see what happens with a scheduled sync.

Note when it happens and check the logs to seeif the application reports any problem.

It looks like disabling the incremental sync fixed the problem.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events