EazyBi how to show linked issue in reports

Akash Dhongde February 23, 2016

Hi,

I want to create a report which is grouped by Status and want to show the number of links to that issues.

3 answers

0 votes
devashree ma March 14, 2020

Hi ,

I have a problem with the code mentioned below for issue links:

[jira.customfield_feature2]
name = "IS CHILD OF"
inward_link = "is Child of"
issue_type = ["CSG GSQE","ISG GSQE","CSG GOE","ISG GOE","GOQ"]
dimension = true
#single_value= true
multiple_values = true
update_from_issue_key = "subtask_parent_key"
#changes=true

I use this code and it works fine. But when i change the issue link or update then the latest issue links is not getting displayed in the report.

Any sugesstions?

Thanks,

Devashree

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2020

Hi @devashree ma !

Could you please check when the last successful import was performed in the account? See https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/jira-issues-import#JiraIssuesImport-Regularimportfrequency.

If the import has run after the link updates, then please send more details for debugging to support@eazybi.com (mentioning this post as well):

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

0 votes
Mario Andres Moreno Bulla March 2, 2020

Hello @Lauma Cīrule, once the links are imported how can I proceed to have a report that shows, two issues types with a specific link type, for example: 

Total Customer Req that are linked/or not with User Story through the link type "satisfies"

Total User Stories that  are linked/or not with Customer Req through the link type "is satisfied by"

The way that Support Team imported the links as dimensions is the following:

Links dimensions.png

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2020

Hi @Mario Andres Moreno Bulla !

In this case, I would suggest going one step further and defining a new hierarchy in the Issue dimension as well. See https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/advanced-data-import-options/additional-issue-hierarchies.

As an example, I have a link field dimension for all Feature links

[jira.customfield_feature]
name = "Feature link"
inward_link = "is child of"
issue_type = "Feature"
update_from_issue_key = "parent_issue_key"
dimension = true

and a simple hierarchy for all Features and issues that are linked to them

[[jira.issue_hierarchies]]
name = "Feature simple"
all_member_name = "All Issues by features"
levels = [
{name="Feature",key_column="customfield_feature",issue_type="Feature"},
{name="Parent",key_column="subtask_parent_key"},
{name="Sub-task",key_column="subtask_key"}
]

In a report it looks like this:

Issues_-_eazyBI.png

• I can see all issues that are linked to EXP-23 Feature
  • Under (none) I have all issues that are not linked to any of Feature issues

0 votes
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2016

Hi Akash,

Issue links currently are not imported to eazyBI by default. It is possible to import issue links by using JIRA Misc custom calculated fields, please see more information here https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/JIRA+Misc+Custom+Fields#JIRAMiscCustomFields-Issuelink.

You could create a custom calculated numeric field that returns number of incoming or outgoing links (or links with specific link type) for each issue. When imported, you would be able to use this new measure together with Status dimension.

Kind regards,

Majken Connor May 4, 2016

Would the Links Hierarchy add-on also be helpful in this situation? We're in a similar situation where we want reports that take into consideration issue links. Links Hierarchy looks promising for helping on the JIRA side of things, but would be good to know if it does or doesn't pass on anything useful to eazyBI

Like Liz_Pat likes this
Bianca Borges September 14, 2017

Hi @Lauma, I'm trying to solve a similar task. Could you please share some example of the report you proposed? My eazyBI version is 4.2, though, but I'm not able to go further with this set up using this link.

Liz_Pat January 3, 2019

I am also looking to do something similar. 

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2019

Hi all,

I am sorry I missed earlier replies!

Yes, starting from eazyBI version 4.1 it is possible to import issue links in a separate dimension. This requires some setup, like what link, inward or outward, issue type to import in this dimension. There is more description about it here https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/Import+issue+links.

But if you are only interested in the number of links, you could create a JavaScript calculated custom field that would go through the links and count the ones you are interested in - again, inward or outward, ignoring the sub-task or Epic links, etc.

There is a similar JavaScript example in our documentation for importing All links (no matter, inward or outward, but ignoring Epic or Sub-Task links) https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/JavaScript+calculated+custom+fields#JavaScriptcalculatedcustomfields-Allissuelinks. This needs to be modified for your needs and to be imported as a number. Let me know if you would need any further assistance with that.

Suggest an answer