Does Big Picture resource management work with Tempo roles

Deleted user October 7, 2021

Hi Forum,

I'm trying to manage resources for our portfolio with Big Picture.

Since we often do not know who specifically will be involved in a future project we would like to manage resources using Tempo roles only.

I have tested this by assigning tempo roles to epics but this does not seem to reduce bandwidth of this skill in the program resources module.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

1 answer

1 vote
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 13, 2021

Hi @[deleted]

Could you please explain how you see Roles being used in BigPicture and what is your expected outcome?  Your feedback is highly appreciated. 

Roles/skills have no capacity themselves. Therefore the best option would be to use virtual resources/roles to track capacity. Please be informed that a virtual resource feature is already in our backlog - ONE-2837
Deleted user October 14, 2021

Hi @Anna-BigPicture at portfolio level we actually only want to manage resources based on skills and not on specific individuals.

What I have now done is active the BigPicture skills widget where we can now allocate skills to Epics etc. I see that if we keep that assignee as unassigned we can see the workload requirement on the skill across the portfolio.

This pretty much meets our requirement.

Like # people like this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 14, 2021

Hi @[deleted]

Thank you for the information. In our blog, you can find a dedicated skill management article. Perhaps you will find it helpful: How to manage skills in Jira?

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events