Create a Jira multi select field which loads a list of options from REST API dynamically

Andrian Fernandopulle October 22, 2018

Hello All,

I have 4 different Jira instances. I use one Jira instance to manage project changes. So I need a way to get all projects names from 3 different instances into one.

Ex scenario: User selects the "Instance A" from the Jira Instance field & I want to make a REST call/mysql query to that instance and get a list of projects & display that in the Jira Project/s field which is a multi select field. 

Jira Instance: 

Instance A

Instance B

Instance C

Jira Project/s:

Project AA

Project AB

Project AC

I tried using nfeed. With that I need to have 4 different fields for each instance because one REST call per instance can only be mapped to one field. I cannot associate one field with multiple data sources. 

Anyone done something similar ? Any ideas on how to get all these data into one field ?

Any thoughts & advise appreciated.

NOTE

As of now we are using a text field to capture this project info but we need a dropdown field to capture these & report on them. We have so many projects in each instance and we do not want to create a custom field and manually manage them.

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

0 votes
vishal goyal March 27, 2021

Hello  Kumar,

Did you get any answer for it, i am stuck in kind of similar issue like this one

Regards

VG

0 votes
Saravana Kumar July 4, 2019

Hi @Andrian Fernandopulle , @Thomas Deiler  am using <aui-dropdown-menu> in my plugin. problem is i not able to get value from select value from drop down. jira by default they given option of value in aui-item any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2019

Dear @Andrian Fernandopulle,

query all three instances for the list of their projects. Then rebuild you multiple select list on you target instance with "Custom Fields++", which will allow you to set and modify the options of that field. Wrap a cron around rebuilding the options twice a day.

So long

Thomas

Suggest an answer