CI/CD using Xray Execution Results

Nicholas Roppolo February 12, 2020

Hello! I'm currently using Xray Test Management for Jira and I'm trying to improve our deployment process:

I'm trying to allow/deny github deployment permissions based on the results of an Xray execution, but I'm unable to find any blogs/information about where to start this.

Simple explanation would be this flow:

1. User completes all test cases for a story. Everything is marked as "Passed" or "Failed"

2. When any users tries to push their code to another github branch, it checks the current status of the test execution.

3. If it is "Passed", it allows the deployment and the code is pushed upstream. If it is "Failed", it denies the deployment and the code is not pushed upstream

Does this functionality exist? Can it be created? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 16, 2020

Hi @Nicholas Roppolo 

A functionality like this does not exist and, at this moment, is not planned; also, most of the time when something like this is done, it is done using Jira/Bitbucket/other applications and verifications based on workflow statuses so that would be outside the Xray scope, as our tool mainly focused to control tests and it's data, leaving those permissions and automation for Jira.
We suggest that you open a request with Atlassian Support so they can better assist you in how to perform such a task.

Hope this information clarifies your question but please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Team Xray

Suggest an answer