Any way to revert to old Jira?

Ben Relethford December 17, 2018

I'm sure there are reasons why it's not a default option, but I'm used to the previous issue layout. To me it was intuitive having all the ticket information at the top of the issue. Now it's this unfriendly list along the side of the ticket (most of which contains blanks anyway), and I have to scroll down to get that information.

I see that I can use the previous version if I click the button on the top right, but I'd like to just keep everything as is by default. What can I do aside from just gritting my teeth and trying to make peace with this unfriendly layout structure?

2 answers

0 votes
Rose Eliff July 2, 2019

I'm with Ben on this. Seeing the most important info all in the header area at a glance was helpful. Now I have to scroll scroll scroll down to see what Fix Version my ticket is in. Not a fan. 

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2018

Hello Ben,

Thanks so much for your feedback regarding Jira Cloud changes. We take this feedback really seriously and I’d like to give you more background.

The new experiences (including navigation) across Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Stride are motivated by years of customer frustration around complexity and usability problems. To validate these changes, over the last year we split-tested multiple experiences, worked with hundreds of customers (from beginner to advanced levels of expertise), and chose an extended opt-in period. We continue to analyse qualitative and quantitative customer data including community threads and support tickets like this.

The revised information architecture focuses on the most frequently performed tasks and navigation paths. You can now use the search panel (via the magnifying glass icon in the sidebar) to navigate quickly to recently visited boards, issues, filters, and projects. Less frequently performed tasks and navigation paths may require an additional click. Making this call - and the decision to now retire the old experience - was not easy, but we stand behind it as we work towards a more intuitive Jira and a more cohesive experience across Atlassian products.

We know that it can be frustrating to have to relearn something as fundamental as product navigation when all you want to do is get on with your day.
In the next few months, all Jira customers will be switched over to the new experience. Please trust that our teams have been working hard to address the feedback and will continue to do so. 

Thanks so much for your patience as Jira grows into a simply powerful tool for you and your teams.

Regards,
Angélica

gianfranco franceschi May 24, 2019

Angelica,

thanks for the fine marketing talk but this is not what we need. 

What would help more would instead be a way to migrate a heavily customized issue layout in the old view to the new issue view globally, ie: in one action, by the site administrator, hopefully without too many clicks. 

Is there any hope we will get that? 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2019

Hi Gianfranco,

We have a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability, but no ETA was mentioned:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71938
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates and feel free to add comments on the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer