Using boards

Matt December 21, 2017

Hello, I work for a small design company and we find JIRA great for time tracking and such. As the PMO I track several project on the systems. I think the board function is great, but wish you could have a board at each level (i.e. for all the projects, in the project itself and then with issues). 

Does anybody know if this is possible? Am willing to consider add-ons etc to get this done?

2 comments

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2017

Hello Matthew,

Can you please elaborate more on your use-case. As the boards are nothing but a view on the issues. Now, issues on the boards can be from one project or several project depending on the JQL filter which is configured in the board.

Matt December 21, 2017

OK Tarun, 

How would I go about editing the JQL filter?

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2017

Please see here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/configuring-a-board/configuring-filters

You can see the current JQL filter and then in issue navigator view you can edit and save the filter. Or in the board configuration you can altogther switch to a new filter.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2017

With Jira Software, boards are not locked to projects.  You can create boards with filters such as "Project in (x, y, z)" or "Category = " or "issuetype = bug" (and compound filters of course), and get a view of whatever you want.

Jira Core only has simple "project" boards, so you're a bit stuck unless you do go for add-ons/applications.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events