Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should we handle / map JIRA tickets that have been 'Canceled'?

Bob Hunt May 9, 2024

We have a 'Cancel' status in many of our JIRA Workflows. It is used when the team(s) have determined that a story / bug etc. is no longer needed.

I think we would want to capture this state in JIRA Align but using the 'Accepted' state doesn't seem right because it isn't really 'accepted' work.

I'm concerned that through the JIRA <--> JIRA Align connector this work will appear in JIRA Align (even linked to a Feature) and if it is canceled in JIRA (and work is naturally discontinued) any associated Features would now have Stories that are never resolved (creating issues with reporting, Misaligned issues etc.)

What is the suggested way of dealing with work from JIRA that has been 'Canceled'?

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Holian May 9, 2024

Align supports Canceled, and you can map to it. I added a cancel status to my Jira workflow and map the status to the state

There is a challenge when someone cancels

image.png

You have to be careful about not allowing people to 'uncancel' stories, however, since the issue remains canceled in Align for a few minutes until the Jira sync re-occurs, they should not be trying to close the item until it completes its sync in Align.

0 votes
Allan Maxwell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2024

Jira Align allows you to map a cancel status which will cause Features and Stories to be move into Jira Align's Cancel Items Bin.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 3.40.59 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events