Calling all Program Managers... Share your best practices!

Kyle Foreman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2019

Hey there, Atlassian Community! I’m Kyle Foreman, a Product Manager for Jira Align.

If you’re been a program manager, or are lucky enough to work with great ones, you know they’ve got a tough job to do.

In an agile environment, program management becomes much more challenging, keeping track of many simultaneous pieces of work being delivered across teams working in parallel. They need to have top-to-bottom transparency and insight into all aspects of their programs or release trains.

What are some practices and reports that you’ve seen help program managers effectively manage the predictability and delivery of their programs or release trains?

Share your best practices and feedback with us!

1 comment

Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

Hi Kyle,

One feature which I found is very significant and started to use the same is the Jira-Advanced Roadmap feature.

This enables to provide program managers a comprehensive view of all the work and its progress across different teams involved. Also, I found tracking dependencies are more efficient using this Jira feature. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events