You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
This article is designed to get Jira Align to Jira Data Center connectivity up and going quickly.
1) In Jira Align, click on the Administration Gear in the bottom left.
2) Click on Connectors > Jira Settings in the second column.
3) Click on the Jira Connectors button in the main pane.
4) Fill out the Jira Connector as follows:
Additional Note: If the Service Light is gray and not green, then you'll need to contact Jira Align Support to activate the service before proceeding. Please include the connector type (Jira Connector) and Connector ID (Number).
5) Once the above has been filled out, click Generate New Key and copy it to your clipboard.
6) Click Save at the bottom of the Connector window.
7) Login to Jira, click the Settings cog in the top right, and select Applications.
Note: Alternatively, you can click on any whitespace in Jira and press "." and search for Application Links.
8) On the left column, under Integrations, click Application Links.
9) Enter the Jira Align URL (https://__.jiraalign.com) in the field and click Create New Link.
10) Jira Server/Data Center may complain there was no response. Just click Continue.
11) Fill out the Application Name with something descriptive.
12) Click the Pencil to edit the newest application.
13) Fill out the Consumer Key with the same one used in Step 4.
14) Paste the OAuth Public Key you copied from Step 5.
15) Scroll down and click Save.
16) Go back to the Jira Align Connector window from step 4.
17) Click Authorize Jira OAuth Access.
Note 1: You will see this request go through 3 steps and will refresh several times. It will take a few minutes for this process to complete.
Note 2: If you are having trouble with this step, make sure that the Consumer Key matches on both sides and contains no spaces or symbols.
In addition, check that the OAuth Public Key are an exact match on both sides.
Lastly, make sure that the Application URL configured in the Jira Application Link is correct without any typos.
See OAuth Error During Setup for more troubleshooting tips.
18) Once the OAuth access setup has completed, click Request Jira for access.
Note: Make sure you are logged into Jira Server/Data Center as the Jira Service Account in another tab of the same browser.
19) You'll be taken to another tab asking you to allow the application to have access. Click Allow.
20) This is how OAuth in Jira Align will look when the process is completed:
21) Click Save on the bottom of the Connector window.
22) (Skip this step if you used OAuth as the authentication method instead of Basic Auth.) One final test to confirm connectivity is the Test Now button at the bottom of the Jira Connector window. You may need to scroll down to see it.
Note: This test doesn't automatically refresh so you'll need to close and reopen the connector window periodically. This test also takes a few minutes to complete.
23) Click Activate on the bottom of the Connector window.
24) Now that you are connected, you can sync a test project.