Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Align launches 5 new Jira Connector APIs

TL;DR: Jira Align launches 5 new Jira Connector APIs that enable automation of manual admin tasks.

Hey, y’all, my name is Denise Garcia and I am a Product Manager on Jira Align. I have been focusing on the integration of Align and other products (including Jira Software, Azure DevOps, and APIs) and am very excited to be working on this product and to get feedback from this community! 

Got questions or need help? Comment below!

You asked. We listened.

Something I have heard from customers since joining Atlassian is that certain administration tasks, specifically manual integration with the team tool, can be repetitive and time-consuming, especially as your footprint in Align increases. Knowing that onboarding (and managing) Jira Projects and Teams in Align can be a cumbersome experience, I am thrilled to announce that new Jira Connector APIs which will help reduce manual integration effort and improve mapping accuracy will be available in the upcoming release (10.121.0).

Connect teams with connected data

Through our new Connector APIs, we’re eliminating menial, repetitive admin work. These new Jira Connector APIs enable you to automate processes, introducing less room for manual error. The new APIs will enable users to create, read, update, and delete field mappings for five key Connector settings:

1 program project mapping.png

Jira Align Program ↔︎ Jira Software Project

This endpoint enables users to create, read, update, and delete the mapping of a Jira Align Program to a Jira Software Project.

As in the UI, a Jira Software Project can only be assigned to one Jira Align Program.

Jira Software Board ↔︎ Jira Align Team

This endpoint enables users to create, read, update, and delete the mapping of a Jira Align Team to a Jira Software Board.

As in the UI, a Jira Software Board can only be assigned to one Jira Align Team, and only one Jira Align Team can be assigned to a Jira Software Board.

2 board team mapping.png
3 product custom field mapping.png 

Jira Software Product custom field

This endpoint enables users to create, read, update, and delete the mapping of a Jira Align Product to a Jira Software Product custom field.

Jira Software Team custom field

This endpoint enables users to create, read, update, and delete the mapping of a Jira Align Team to a Jira Software Team custom field.

4 team custom field mapping.png
 5 priority mapping.png

Jira Align Defect ↔︎ Jira Software Bug priority

This endpoint enables users to create, read, update, and delete the mapping of a Jira Align Defect priority to a Jira Software Bug priority.

I know this coverage is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Jira Align administration so I am continuing to explore other impactful opportunities for APIs to help reduce that administration burden, and to enable admin teams to automate even more of their processes.

Get started

These 5 new Jira Connector APIs are available to all customers, regardless of deployment and license tier, and users will have the same permissions for read, update, and delete in the Jira Connector APIs as they do in the product (UI). Complete documentation on the Jira Connector API is available in the swagger docs on your Jira Align site (i.e., https://<site-url>/rest/align/api/docs/index.html).

See below for additional resources to help you get started.

Jira Align Tool Connectors.png

Not familiar with Jira Align Tool Connectors? Explore our team tool connectors for Jira Software, Trello, and Microsoft Azure DevOps.

Learn more

Jira Align REST API 2.0.png 

Get started with REST API 2.0 to simplify user management, mass update work objects, and develop integrations between Jira Align and other applications.

Learn more

Jira Align API 2.0 query syntax.png

Get familiar with API 2.0 query syntax to effectively build performant integrations, mass update information, or get the specific information that you need.

Learn more

Jira Align API 2.0 GET and filters tutorial.png

Learn the basic functionality of API 2.0 with tutorials on how to use GET and filters

Learn more

If you have questions or need help, don’t hesitate to reach out. Here are just a few ways to get in touch:

• Interested in Jira Align? Get in touch. We’re happy to help

• Comment on this community post. Others likely have similar questions, and we love receiving feedback directly from our customers.

• Customers on a paid license are welcome to reach out to our support team via

Atlassian Jira Align

Atlassian is uniquely positioned to transform ideas to impact in ways no other vendor can. Jira Align provides end-to-end visibility of your software lifecycle – from discovery to delivery to operations – giving you the breadth and depth of insights needed to drive data-informed outcomes that move needles. With connected data at the foundation of your company, the strategy forward has never been clearer. Transformation begins with connected teams.

For more information, visit:

Try Jira Align: Get in touch

3 comments

Heidi Hendry June 8, 2023

This is great news, and I look forward to testing the new endpoints.
Thank you for continuing to develop the API!

Like Tamulyn Takakura likes this
Ronald Kager June 13, 2023

Thank you for this good news!

Paula Hidalgo August 9, 2023

This will save me so much time!!!!  The connector APIs are a big help to documenting our cloud configuration.   The missing correlation Project <-> Board <-> Team can be achieved using Jira Software Cloud API > Other operations > Get all boards 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events