🎉 More exciting news about our Jira Service Management integration

Halp’s conversational ticketing functionality is now generally available in Jira Service Management – for free.

We recently shared some exciting updates to our Jira integration, including a new streamlined connection process. This week, we’re excited to share yet another fun update to the Halp and Jira story: the same powerful technology behind Halp’s Slack and Microsoft Teams-native ticketing experiences is now also available free to Jira Service Management users!

You can read more about that news and find documentation on how to set it up in your instance here. This offering is only available in Slack for now, but will be available in Microsoft Teams soon! You can check out some frequently asked questions about using Jira Service Management and Halp here, including how these changes can lower your Halp bill.

If you’re an existing Halp customer who is interested in checking out Jira Service Management and checking out their new Slack native ticketing experience, you can try it out for free. Be sure to keep an eye on the Atlassian community for more exciting updates to come!

6 comments

marcus.burnap April 11, 2022

How do we get Halp / Assist for free if already installed and in use via teams? Any further info? 

Thanks 

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2022

Hey @marcus.burnap -- I saw your ticket come through so I believe it is resolved. But to assist anyone else with the same question, you need to connect every queue in Halp to a paid JSM Cloud project to result in a free instance. Any queues not connected, will be charged for via Halp. 

Let me know if you are still running into this issue! 

Like • Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
marcus.burnap April 12, 2022

All sorted. Thanks! Its a great feature and fast support. 

Now this is free and included with JSM, is adding teams to the "Chat" function in JSM (as Slack is already there) on the road map? I could not see it with a quick search?

Cheers

Jensen Fleming
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2022

@marcus.burnap Thanks -- glad you like it :) 

MS Team is on the roadmap! Coming soon

shzheng June 27, 2022

Hi there, I wonder if this billing change applies to Jira Software projects as well? It mentions that "Queues connected to Jira Software Projects will require a paid Halp agent seat" from the FAQ and we are fine with this single Halp agent seat consumption as long as it does not charge based on the number of agents for the queue. Can you please confirm this? To be more specific, if I have a queue connected to a Jira Software Project and I have 10 agents for this queue(but they are not agents for any other queues), will I get charged for 1 agent seat or 11 in this case?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2022

@shzheng Atlassian would need to confirm, but the way I'm reading this, If you are trying to connect to Jira Software, you should treat this as if you are using the stand alone Halp connector:
https://www.atlassian.com/software/halp/pricing

The change here is that if you are subscribed to Jira Service Management they are including the functionality free for every paid JSM agent license so JSM users aren't being charged twice.

So to answer your specific question, if you have 10 agents accessing a queue for a Jira Software project, then I believe you would need to pay for 10 Halp agent licenses (see the pricing page referenced above).

I hope that helps!

Like • # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events