cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I watch a tag?

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2017

I'm suprised that I seem to only be able to watch a collection (and receive an email digest apparently) - is there any option to follow/watch a tag by some automated means (RSS feed, email notification, ...)?

Cheers,
Steffen

2 answers

9 votes
Leslie Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2017

You can't watch a tag-- yet. That's something that we're working on and is a known bug/issue.

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2017

Thanks Leslie, glad to hear that this is going to be supported!

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2017

I'd also be highly interested in that feature. Is there a public JIRA project where we can watch this ticket? Or will you update this question as soon as it is released?

Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2017

I'm also interested in watching tags and being notified when this functionality is available 👍.

Ideally, we would like to be able to watch tags that don't have any questions yet. New add-ons don't have any questions, but we don't want to miss questions when they are being asked.

Damian Skrodzki April 4, 2017

+1

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2017

Fellow Marketplace vendors:

I've inquired about a possible workaround via the site's RSS feed feature in Could you please expose tags in the RSS feeds?.

Further, there seems to be a nasty bug related to those add-on support tags, as outlined  Redirections for links to Marketplace add-on support tags yield a 404.

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2017

I found the Lithium RSS feed for the last 10 articles, but that isn't all that useful

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2017

Also, email is not a good tool for monitoring more than a few notifications. RSS is the only way I know to really process questions and answers quickly.

Julian Riedinger _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2017

@Leslie Lee - do you have any timeline or a public JIRA issue for us?

David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2017

+1

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2017

If you look at the community homepage with a RSS reader, there are 18 different RSS feeds. Same on a product's main page.

Too bad, that you have to find that out by yourself, I didn't see any information about that.

0 votes
Almuth Boehme [Communardo] April 30, 2020

Hello there,

1. Log in
  2. Use the search bar to search for the tag (important)
    1. grafik.png
  3. Use option "Create alert" to the right to create an email notification.
    1. grafik.png

As you can see in the screenshot, you can also get the RSS feed this way.

Alternatively, go to your profile > Manage Settings > Notifications > Search alerts. This way you skip the search when you add the alerts.

Regards

Almuth

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events