Random Acts of February

This badge is so fun because I get to do a tiny award ceremony every month! Welcome to Random Acts of Community for February 2020.        

Random acts of community@2x.png

This award lets us appreciate contributions both big and small by just a few of the members who make this a special place to be.

First, I rolled my D20 community dice of randomness and decided to look and see who answered the most questions in February. And one person was way ahead of the competition, answering over 200 questions this month (214 to be exact). Plus, we are always looking for excuses to tell him that we love him. Congratulations, Jack Brickey! 💀

Our second act of randomness came when I looked at our "top members" list. I got really excited when our number one member was a name I'd never heard; turns out it was a particularly prolific spammer. And although awarding this badge to a spammer might be fun, I decided to look harder to find our real top member of the month: Mike Bowen! Mike is a true rising star, with 70 accepted solutions and over 400 posts. Plus, he took the plunge this month to write his first article. We're so lucky to have you here, Mike! Keep up the amazing work. ⭐️

And finally, sometimes it's the little moments that are worth celebrating. Our third award goes to Poorvi Jhawar for taking the time to give us this amazing social media shoutout.  This went around our team Slack channel and helped us all start the week with warm and fuzzy feelings. Who doesn't love that? 💙

I'll be back soon with more! And as always, if you see something special going on in the community (whether online or in-person) that you think should be acknowledged, our mailbox is always open at communitymanagers@atlassian.com.

8 comments

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2020

tenor

So proud of y'all — thanks for bringing your best selves to the Community!

Like # people like this
Celina Zamora March 2, 2020

Congrats everyone--well deserved! 

giphy (3).gif

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2020

@Jack Brickey @Mike Bowen @Poorvi Jhawar Congratulations Guys!  This is very well deserved!

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 2, 2020

Giving people warm fuzzies - what a great way to earn a badge. Congrats Poorvi!

Like # people like this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 2, 2020

Thank you so much team!

Credit needs to be given, where the credit is due i.e. your team. It is your team that takes out the time and appreciates everyone around. We post in one place, you all manage this at the global level. I can't even imagine the work behind it all.

And now it's time to celebrate with a hairflip. :P 

giphy

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2020

Wohoo - congratulations to @Poorvi Jhawar , @Mike Bowen  and @Jack Brickey 

you deserve this - and now let‘s celebrate

804AB841-1A1A-4ACB-842F-57AC26D59DD6.gif

Like # people like this
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2020

Wow! thanks a lot @Monique vdB I see there is quite the party going on already. :-D

I can say since joining the Atlassian Community, which was not a long time ago, I have thoroughly enjoyed answering questions, reading answers and interacting with some really clever / not so clever people, which is okay, because we all have to start somewhere ;-) and this group has really helped me in my job and in turn I've helped my colleagues. Well done Poorvi Jhawar and Jack Brickey!

You rock! 

-Mike

Like # people like this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2020

Congratulations, @Jack Brickey , @Mike Bowen  and @Poorvi Jhawar  , well done!

Lots of things to celebrate at Summit :-)

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events