cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Finland Prime Minister

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2019

Finland will have the world’s youngest serving prime minister later this week when Social Democrat Sanna Marin, 34, is sworn in at the head of a coalition whose four other parties are all led by women, three of them in their thirties.

I am not sure what I think about them disclosing her age in this post, mixed thoughts. One one hand it is amazing that this country is being lead by not one but three women in their thirties, However I am wonder if their bars would be set so high putting a spotlight on their ages, where they may (or may not be) subject to ageism. What are your thoughts?

2 comments

Comment

Javier Fernandez _Madrid_ December 11, 2019

Moving to Finland in 3, 2, 1...

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Alex Laycy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2019

I do think that they will have an increased amount of pressure put on them unfortunately, due to their ages. Personally though they have my full support, and i welcome a leader coming onto the stage from a different generation to those that i think many of us are used / accustomed to.

It'll be very interesting to see if this new generation of leaders are able to break from the status quo! 

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2019

Well said @Alex Laycy ! I wish them all the best in their roles, and to make a difference for their country!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events