Diversity and Inclusion books - your recommendations?

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2019

I would like to start a list of recommended Diversity and Inclusion books for my workplace. Would love to hear any of your recommendations. Thanks!

1 comment

Comment

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2019

Hi @Jodi LeBlanc 

I would like to recommend the following 2 books:

1) The Memo by Minda Harts

2) Blind Spot: Hidden Biases of Good People by Mahzarin R. Banaji and Anthony G. Greenwald

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2019

Wonderful, thanks for sharing @Deepanshu Natani - greatly appreciated!

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2019

@Jodi LeBlancDo share the complete list when you have finalized. Really interested to know about other recommended books in this category.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2019

Thanks @Deepanshu Natani I definitely will. There are tons listed as a google search, but going to compile recommended sources from the community and my workplace to start the list.

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc Yeah, a Google search will provide lot of results.

But recommendations from the community or from your workplace will actually yield a more relevant and useful list since they will be recommending the one's which they have read.

By the way, you can also create a trello board for this and share with anyone who is interested :-)

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2019

I completely agree @Deepanshu Natani getting recommendations from our trusted community is so much more valuable than a google search. I may consider the Trello board of books once I have a full collection, thanks so much!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events