Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Insight Record from Service Desk Issue

Crystal Rouse July 28, 2021

I need to update an Insight record after a Service Desk Issue has been approved.  I am looking for ideas - other than purchasing an add-on.

Thank you!

3 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2021

If you do not want to write groovy post function scripts, you should be able to use a combination of the Insight post functions like this: 

1. Post function: Assign Objects from an IQL query based on data from an issue
    Find the connected object if it exists and set it into the custom field of the issue.

2. Post function: Create an Insight Object from a Jira Issue
    Create new object with values from the custom fields of the issue.
    Need a Condition - only create object if custom field is empty. (needs some small groovy script ...)
    This will also set the field to the newly created object. 

3. Post function: Set the value of an object attribute with a predefined value

Haven't tried it, but should work. 

0 votes
David Sumlin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2021

This will require writing a groovy script in a workflow post-function step. 🥴

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2021

Hi @Crystal Rouse ,

is the Insight record connected with the Service Desk issue somehow? If so, how?

Which attribute do you need to update? Is it text, select, ...?

Thank you.

Crystal Rouse July 28, 2021

I need to update multiple attributes, most of which are text from fields on the Service Desk Issue.  Some of these fields are date fields. 

1) I need to look at an Insight Object to see if a field value exists in the Name field of the Object.  If the Object already exists, I need to update several fields from the SD ticket. 

2) If the Object does not already exist, I need to insert a new record and populate the values from the SD ticket.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2021

Thank you, @Crystal Rouse 

There are some special Insight post functions available, but since Insight object is not stored in the issue and you need to search for it, you won't be able to use them.

So, I think, the only possible way is to create your own groovy script post function.

Crystal Rouse July 29, 2021

Thanks, that is the direction we are leaning.  

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events