Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Balancer after 1 server

Deleted user August 4, 2021

When we move to Data Center, is it possible to first have only 1 server, then deploy load-balancer and multiple servers?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2021

Hi @[deleted] , 

it is possible to keep you current infrastructure if you're moving from Server : you can just change the license key and everything will keep working as before.

You can have a look at Atlassian documentation for Data Center with one node : https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/running-jira-data-center-on-a-single-node-993929595.html

Let me know if this helps,

--Alexis

Furkan August 4, 2021

Hi Alexis,

I'm @[deleted] , this is my personal account. Thank you for your reply.

I don't think that I'm fully brightened. Let me be more clear. We will move to Data Center with just 1 server, later on we will want to use multiple servers with load balancer. On Data Center, is it possible to change the structure to multiple nodes after while using just 1 node?

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2021

Hi @[deleted]

sure - what you describe is the feature of scaling. This is often based on the need to grow the infrastructure.

In other words, yes, it is possible because otherwise the product would not fulfill the need what it is there for.

So, you can start with the load balancer and one node, then add others later.

All, of course, under the assumption the rest of configuration is done right like shared home, database, load balancer and so on.

Regards,
Daniel

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events