Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What motivates you to attend meetups?

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2021

As Dallas works to emerge from the COVID lockdown, and navigate the world of virtual and budding in person events, we are seeking input from you!

The Dallas Atlassian Community Team will use this post to gauge interest in Atlassian meetups post COVID. 

A lot has changed in our world, even without discussing the pandemic. Offices are much more hesitant to allow use of their space, Atlassian has discontinued their server line, Cloud is growing into a mature product at an extremely rapid pace, and the focus of marketing and learning information coming from the company is more and more cloud centric.

We as a volunteer leader group are here to serve our communities interest, even if they do not necessarily align with Atlassian's marketing strategy. We are here to invest our time for you.

What would you like us to spend time on? In person gatherings? More details tutorials? Shared understanding of release notes? 

We want to plan the event that YOU want to attend. Help me.....Help you Jerry. :)

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joshua Mathews June 1, 2021

I'd do in-person events. The primary driver would be location (Dallas is big). My vote - North of Dallas region, lol. (Plano/Frisco/The Colony, etc.). Are they product-focused or social-focused? 

In general, I dig virtual events with hands-on learning, but IDK if Atlassian does that kind of thing. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2021

Hi Jeff,

From my experience I find in-person meetups has significantly more benefits than virtual sessions, so post Covid when it is safe I would prefer to go back to in-person gatherings.

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2021

Thank you for the response Vinod! What would you consider to be your threshold for "when it is safe?"

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events