insert page name with automation

Dietrich Lehr January 18, 2023

I'm trying to use the automation in confluence to send a reminder to review items that haven't been updated in a while, but I cannot get the page name to dynamically populate. I've tried {{page.title}} , {{title.page}}  , {{page}} , and {{title}} but none work. The email comes through blank where that variable was.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2023

Hi @Dietrich Lehr 

{{page.title}} should work - this is the smart value for page title.

I tested it also, and it works fine for me. What's the rest of your rule look like? A screenshot of it might be beneficial :)

---

Edit: I tried this using your Branch - Related Entities - and had the same experience.

So I tried using "for each Page" instead (which allows you to set a last updated period, but not the label parameter) - and it works fine with {{page.title}} in this Branch.

It would appear "for each Page" is the Branch option for this type of Action for now - but I'd recommend raising it as a potential Bug in JAC for further review - do this from here: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Ste

Dietrich Lehr January 19, 2023

2023-01-19_7-51-56.png

--------------------

No luck with this. It doesn't put anything in there for the {{page.title}}. This is the email I receive

2023-01-19_7-53-48.png

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2023

Hi @Dietrich Lehr 

Strange!

I tried this using your Branch - Related Entities - and had the same experience.

So I tried using "for each Page" instead (which allows you to set a last updated period, but not the label parameter) - and it works fine with {{page.title}} in this Branch.

It would appear "for each Page" is the Branch option for this type of Action for now - but I'd recommend raising it as a potential Bug in JAC for further review - do this from here: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Ste

Like Dietrich Lehr likes this
Dietrich Lehr January 23, 2023

Now I can't get it to send the email. The CQL query was validated. It works if I remeove the CQL condition. However, I have parent pages working as a folder and get alerted. Thats why I want to exclude certain pages with labels.

2023-01-23_10-28-06.png

Dietrich Lehr January 23, 2023

doesn't look like I have permissions to submit a bug request

Dietrich Lehr February 1, 2023

this seems to have fixed the {{page.title}} insert issue. I'm trying to insert a CQL query to exclude pages with a certain label. Can you modify your first response to include the info from the second so i can mark as answer?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2023

Done :)

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events