cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up microsoft sql database

David Haddad
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 18, 2024

Can't reach database server or port

SQLState - 08S01
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host DESKTOP-PH2EQOC, port 1433 has failed. Error: "Connect timed out. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This isn't really a Confluence problem, so we can't help you much.  The message you are getting is telling you that Confluence can not connect to the database, and that will be a database server or network problem.  Either the MSSql service is not running on the machine, or the port is being blocked by a firewall or security system.

In my case, it's almost always a firewall when I get this message - I tend to run a firewall on every server I touch, and I always forget to open up the database ports when I'm building a new Atlassian system.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events