Required Form Fields for Templates?

Mike Siekkinen February 13, 2012

Is it possible to make a form field a required input before it will allow a user to continue creating a page from a template? If not specifically form fields, is there some other sort of input prompting templating mechanism that requires something to be specified?

I'm using Confluence 4.0

3 answers

1 vote
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2012
To answer Mike's question,the Scaffolding plugin does offer this capability, and in Confluence v4.x.
0 votes
Joseph Ramsey October 10, 2012

This could be done in older versions of Confluence with Scaffolding plugin by inputting a required=true parameter on certain macros!

My question is is it possible to require an answer or selection using variables when creating templates in Confluence OnDemand. In OnDemand the form fields and drop-down lists disappear by default after Step 2. I am hoping it is possible to work around this issue.

0 votes
Tobbi Gudmundsson March 7, 2012

Hi Mike,

Not sure if it is exactly what you are looking for but if I understand you correctly you could use User Macros. Essentially the whole content of a page (even if based on a template) can consist of a User Macro. Depending on how many forms you need filled you can specify the $body or $paramXXX as mandatory ultimately requiring the user to provide the information before creating the page.

Cheers,

TG.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events