Remove Activity Feed

Allison Beaudry March 3, 2020

Just tidying up some spaces in our Confluence page. Is there any way to remove the Activity Feed? It just looks cluttered and there is no purpose in our customers seeing every new edit that administrators have made.

Thanks,

A

Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 4.22.03 PM.png

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2020

Hi @Allison Beaudry ,

There's no way to control the navigation items displayed, but you can create a separate custom homepage that will be the default landing page at login. It's what I'm currently doing specifically because our employees don't want to see the feed either.

Settings - Further Configuration - Site HomePage.

Basically you setup (or use an existing) space and enter it here, and your Overview page for the space becomes your new homepage/landing page.

Atlassian is rolling out a new homepage format with their new navigation which will allow users to rollup (hide) the Activity feed on the page.

If you find that this answer solves or meets your needs, please mark it as Accepted so that others in the Community with the same or similar questions can more easily find it. Thanks!

Darryl

Allison Beaudry March 5, 2020

Thank you!

Jana Rasmussen March 16, 2021

@Darryl St_ Pierre  and @Allison Beaudry 

I have created a new Home Page and made it our new home page.  However, people not part of our company can still access the HOME which shows the feed.  Is there any way to get rid of this across the top for anonymous access users?  How have you set this up to get around it?  You can see in our instance how even though we've created a new home page and set it as the home page, there still exists across the top "Home". When they click on this, anonymous users can see our Activity Feed.  I want to eliminate this possibility completely if possible.  Any suggestions?

2021-03-16 (3)_LI.jpg2021-03-16 (4)_LI.jpg

douglas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 9, 2021

How do you get rid of the announcements and feed on the right of the screen?

6 votes
Nicole March 4, 2020

The activity feed provides little value to my organization's users who are typically public and not contributing to the site.

0 votes
ITS Manager April 4, 2022

The activity feed is stupid. It exposes proprietary information of a company that should remain proprietary.  I guess these days programmers believe that everybody needs to show their underwear in public because of the Facebook culture.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2022

Er, no, it's doing what it's supposed to.

If you've chosen to put proprietary information in your Confluence and not secured it, the activity feed is just one way you are exposing it.  There are plenty of other ways that you have chosen to let people see it.

You need to take a look at the permissions you've got on the pages which you've published the data on.

ITS Manager April 5, 2022

That's the problem with this type of thinking.  Something that's wrong is accepted as normal.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2022

I'd agree there's some problematic thinking here, but it's not on the Confluence side.

The activity stream will not expose protected information if you've secured it correctly.

Like Elizabeth Barr likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events