Names showing in Contributors Summary with zero counts

Greg Irwin October 2, 2019

I have added the Contributors Summary to a page in confluence cloud. It is a shared space with coworkers. I created the page and have been editing the page. When I added the Contributors Summary to the page, only my name was showing up. However, after a few days, another name shows up - David LaPlante, yet has no edits and no comments even though my 'show zero counts' is unchecked in the macro settings. Additionally, I checked over pages at this time and his name showed up on all of the pages. Then today, Tim Murphy's name started showing up in each of the contributors summary as well. 

Snapshot.png

Why are these names showing up yet have not contributed to the pages?

Thank you for your insight and help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2019

Hi @Greg Irwin

Contribution summary captures many actions apart from the columns (Edits, Last Update, Comments) you see in the table like, watches, labels etc... Probably the users listed in this table have contributed as watchers or someone who has added a label. Please add more values in the Columns to Display parameter to see how the listed users have contributed to the page.

Hope I was able to answer what you were looking for!

Thanks

Sireesha

Greg Irwin October 7, 2019

Hi @Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire] 

That looks to be the issue. Thank you so much!! They are in fact watching the pages.

Follow up question - Is there a way to turn off or prevent them from showing up as contributors if they are merely listed in the 'Watches' column?

Snapshot.png

I would love if they could watch, but don't necessarily want them to show up in a contributors box. I have the 'Show Zero Counts' set to false (unchecked), but because he is set as a watcher, i'm guessing that is ignored. 

Appreciate the help!

-Greg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events