List all pages owned by deactivated users

Christian Laurent
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 8, 2024
  • Pages are owned by a user
  • User leaves company
  • Pages owned by that user (and any others that leave) go out of date

How do I list all pages owned by deactivated users, so that I can reassign ownership (or archive)?

2 answers

0 votes
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2024

@Christian Laurent I thought that the feature described in this article would solve your problem (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-Admins-articles/New-bulk-action-Change-your-page-owners-in-bulk/ba-p/2657959), but I see the feature is only available for Premium and Enterprise plans.

According to this blog from 2020 (https://www.atlassian.com/blog/confluence/introducing-page-and-bulk-archiving-in-confluence-cloud), bulk archiving is also a Premium feature (though this may have changed since then; you may want to search for more recent content).

If this is something you really need to do right now and will try to keep on top of reassigning/archiving pages when users leave in the future, you might do a free trial of Premium, make the changes, and then go back to your Standard plan at the end of the trial period. 

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2024

Welcome to the community, @Christian Laurent 

Check out this thread on the community.

In it, @Shannon S  from Atlassian acknowledges that this is a known limitation, provides a link to the enhancement request (which you can vote for — please do), and provides a workaround.

Hope this helps,

-dave

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events