Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking to a table of contents

David Rajendran January 14, 2020

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if it's possible to create a page that links to/displays a number of tables of contents which are found on different pages?

For example, I would like to create a number of pages, such as active project, dormant projects etc.. each of which has its own table of contents. I would then like to have a separate page which has all of the tables of contents on one page

Thanks in advance!

D.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

Hi @David Rajendran 

If I understand you correctly, you want to display different table of contents from many pages in one page. This you could achieve with the "Excerpt Macro".

Add the table of contents macro inside an Excerpt Macro like I did in "Page A". I did the same for "Page B". And the collection is presented in "Page C".

pageA-Excerpt.png

pageC-Excerpt.png

pageC-Excerpt_View.png

Hope this helps

Regards, Dominic

David Rajendran January 15, 2020

Thanks Dominic, 

This is exactly what I'd like to do!

NL ADAMS April 6, 2021

This seems informative... However, I am not sure if this will help me in my situation. I would love some feedback if you could share or point me in the right direction>

I will include 2 screen shots to demonstrate Team A and Team B space/page

TOC_A1.JPGTOC_B.JPG

I have 2 teams posting content in different spaces.

I now have admin rights for both spaces.

Team A publish their page with TOC only (Architecture). Click each link and you see the details of it's associated page.

Team B published their page with content and has a TOC (Project). When you view the page you see the content 123 and TOC.

I need to take Team B page and turn it into a TOC link on Team A page within its TOC if possible. 

I am not sure if an EXCERPT MACRO works in this regard... Or if I MOVE Team B Page to Team A Page.

Do you know where I can find the answer or tips to figure this out? 

0 votes
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 14, 2020

Hi @David Rajendran 

I use the macro Children Display which has links to all child pages. So essentially, On the parent page will have its own table of content. That is the easy one. 

However a separate page which has all of the tables of contents on one page is a bit tricky. I don't know of a macro which does that (doesn't mean it doesn't exist) 

I would suggest make the Parent page as Projects

Then under this Parent Project include 3 Child Pages - Active, Dormant, etc. 

Then Using the 'Active Project' as a parent page - use the macro children display here (listing all child pages here) 

The only thing is that this macro is that it will list only child pages and not any random pages. 

I hope it at least solves half your problem. 

Let me know how you go

Cheers

Poorvi 

P.S.: Incase this answers your question, I appreciate you accepting my answer. 

Something like this, I'm assuming? 

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 4.44.45 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events